MONSTERS ATTACK! CINEMATIC
- Before we meet the residents of Spatulopolis make sure to take in the sights with our Monsters Attack! cinematic where Mayor Pengu rewards our heroes for their good* deeds!
MONSTERS ATTACK! COSMETICS - MONSTERS ATTACK! PASS
- If you want to immerse yourself in the lifestyle of a Spatulopolite, then try out the Pass+ to unlock the Threat themed arenas, Little Legends, Star Shards, and the Poro-Ranger Headquarters Tier 3 Arena! The Pass+ can be unlocked for 1295 RP, but you don’t have to decide right away, as you can always upgrade to the Pass+ later, and retroactively receive everything you would have unlocked with the Pass+ active. Check out the below images for a peek at some of the content.
- In addition to Poro-Ranger HQ, you'll get three different Threat-inspired arenas, also unlocked on your Pass+ tour of the city! Check out Threat Level: Nom, OK, and Tentacle below!
- Now that we’ve seen where you can play, let’s see who you can play as with the Pass+. Meet our most super Sprite yet: Super Squad Sprite! And acquaint yourself with Star Guardian Tocker, whose latest project is figuring out how to save the universe AND have time to help the Star Guardians on homework.
MONSTERS ATTACK! COSMETICS - EVERYTHING GOES ON… THE ARENA
- You can get the Everything Goes On arena in the Everything Goes In Here Bag as a rare (2%) drop. Bags without the arena will pop out previously released Little Legends, or Whisker and Grizzle variants. One Everything Goes In Here Bag goes for 390 RP, but they’re also available in bundles (later). The arena also has a pity mechanic, meaning you are guaranteed to open the Mythic Arena on or before the 61st box!
- Everything Goes On comes with Big Feels, dynamic board elements, ceremonies, and a complete transition to another dimension as you play. It’s also packed with Star Guardian secrets from past Star Guardian lineups! And yes, an instrumental version of Porter Robinson’s song has a cool feature where the board goes blurry—wait, those were just my tears. Nevermind.
MONSTERS ATTACK! COSMETICS - CHIBI LUX AND STAR GUARDIAN LUX
- You can pick up Chibi Lux directly from the shop for 1900 RP and she’ll come with her signature boom, Final Spark, that you could equip to other Tacticians too if they’ve packed the necessary sunblock.
- You can get Chibi Star Guardian Lux as a rare drop (2%) from Lux’s Radiant Chalice (390 RP/TC), also available in bundles (of joy). Chalices that do not contain the uncontainably positive Star Guardian will be full of previously released Little Legends, including our newest troublemakers, Whisker and Grizzle.
MONSTERS ATTACK! COSMETICS - BARON
- Baron comes fully-evolved (no need for Star Shards here) and can be purchased directly for 2500 RP. Baron has 6 variants to choose from: Baron, Super Squad Baron, Cosmic Scourge Baron, Odyssey Baron, Star Nemesis Baron, and Star Guardian Baron.
- If you pick up the Batch of Barons bundle from the store you’ll get each of Baron’s variants alongside the chance to Smite back with the Smiteback boom—the only Smite that never misses.
MONSTERS ATTACK! COSMETICS - GRIZZLE AND WHISKER
- Whisker just wants what every cat wants: food, a loving home, and total world domination. Whisker and their variants are available for direct purchase for 750 RP (rare) and 925 RP for their epic variants. Check out their variants below: Whisker (Base), Star Guardian Whisker, Super Squad Whisker, Stitched Whisker (Epic), Star Nemesis Whisker (Epic), Dark Star Whisker (Legendary).
- To avoid long bouts of rage, please feed Grizzle at regular 13 minute intervals, but never after midnight. Grizzle and their variants are available for direct purchase for 750 RP (rare) and 925 RP for their epic variants. Check out Grizzle’s variants below, now with even more rage: Grizzle (Base), Super Squad Grizzle, Groovy Grizzle, Star Guardian Grizzle (Epic), Dark Star Grizzle (Epic), Star Nemesis Grizzle (Legendary).
MONSTERS ATTACK! COSMETICS - BUNDLES IN MONSTERS ATTACK!
- Chalice of the First Star Bundle: TFT Monsters Attack! Pass+ Chibi Lux 31 Lux's Radiant Chalices (13245 RP/TC)
- Everything Goes On Bundle: Includes TFT Monsters Attack! Pass+ 27 Everything Goes In Here Bags (11825 RP/TC)
- Batch of Barons: Includes base Baron, all Baron variants as well as the Smiteback Boom (10000 RP/TC)
- With Dragonlands over, I’m willing to bet you're ready to spread your wings and fly to the next set. But let’s briefly acknowledge your successes! We’ve got a whole host of ranked rewards to distribute throughout patch 12.23, the release patch of Monsters Attack!
- First off, if you placed Gold or higher in Uncharted Realms (the second half of Dragonlands) then you’ll get a celebratory emote to represent your rank!
- If you placed Gold or higher at any stage of the set, then you’ll get the Victorious Craggle Little Legend. And if you manage to get Gold or higher during both halves of the set, you’ll get Triumphant Craggle as well!
- And for those of you starring up Dragons as a team, if you obtained Double Up rank Gold or higher, then you’ll get the following emotes to celebrate with your partner(s)!
- If you finish Blue, Purple, or Hyper tier in Hyper Roll, then you’ll get another emote to flex with! Now that’s hype.
RANKED REWARDS! - NEW RANKED SEASON
- When Monsters Attack! goes live in your region, you'll be able to start climbing the ladder in this set's first ranked stage.
- Depending on your rank in the previous season you will start anywhere from Iron II to Bronze IV. This is true for both Double Up and Standard ranked.
- You will get 5 provisional matches after the reset, meaning you will not lose any LP for sub-top 4 placements in your first 5 ranked games of the new stage. You'll also gain extra LP for finishing top 4, so best of luck!
- Your Hyper rating will be reset to 500
SYSTEMS - HERO AUGMENTS
- All champions have two Hero Augments. One that is more carry oriented, while the other is more supportive.
- All players are offered a Hero Augment at the same time during one of the three Augment Armories (2-1, 3-2, 4-2). Each player is offered Hero Augments of the same cost bucket.
- There is a 5 percent chance that a game will not feature a Hero Augment
- 2-1 Armories can only offer Hero Augments for 1 and 2-cost units OR 2 and 3-cost units
- 3-2 Armories can only offer Hero Augments for 2 and 3-cost units OR 3 and 4-cost units
- 4-2 Armories can only offer Hero Augments for 3 and 4-cost units OR 4 and 5-cost units
- Hero Augments will be semi-tailored for your boards, meaning you’ll get some fairly intuitive choices to fit the comp you already have.
- There are 118 Hero Augments. Can you take each one to Victory?
- In addition to the 118 new Hero Augments, we are bringing back over 100 Augments from past sets, as well as 63 Heart, Crown, Crest, and Soul Augments for our new traits.
SYSTEMS - ITEM ANVILS
- Item Anvils will drop starting with the Stage 4-7 PVE encounter with a component Anvil, which will give you the opportunity to choose from one of three item components.
- Further Completed Item Anvils will drop with PVE encounters in Stage 5-7 and 6-7 that will allow you to choose one of five completed items.
- PVE Boss encounters occur starting Stage 5-7. These can be encounters with Aurelion Sol, Urgot, or Zac. These encounters will always drop a Completed Item Anvil or more (below).
- Bosses have a small chance to drop Tome of Traits as well as Completed Item Anvils.
- Bosses have an even smaller chance to drop Enhanced Item Anvils that will allow you to choose from one of five Ornn items instead of standard completed items.
SYSTEMS - ITEM SYSTEMS
- Physical spells now work like Magic spells. They can no longer be dodged or missed, but they also can’t crit without something like a Jeweled Gauntlet that allows your spells to crit.
- Critical Strike Chance over 100% now converts into bonus Critical Strike Damage at a 2:1 ratio.
- Grievous Wounds reduced healing: 50% ⇒ 30%
- Item power has been lowered while champion base power has gone up. Expect to see more about this in the Items section.
- Attack Damage bonuses have all been changed from flat bonuses (+10) to percent bonuses (+10%). This percent bonus scales off a unit’s base Attack Damage and does not scale with other sources of Attack Damage (see Item changes for more details)
- NEW: Items have new Keywords (see next section)
SYSTEMS - KEYWORDS
- Burn: deals some of the target's maximum Health as true damage over time
- Chill: reduce Attack Speed
- Disarm: cannot move or attack
- Mana Reave: increase maximum Mana until the next cast
- Omnivamp: heal for some of damage dealt
- Shred: reduce Magic Resist
- Stun: cannot move, attack, or cast Abilities
- Sunder: reduce Armor
- Taunt: enemies that are able and in range must attack the taunter
- Wound: reduces healing received
LARGE CHANGES - AUGMENTS REMOVED
- Meditation I/II/III
- Best Friends I/II/III
- Axiom Arc I
- Better Together
- Blue Battery II
- Exiles III
- Makeshift Armor III
- Scoped Weapons II
LARGE CHANGES - AUGMENTS ADJUSTED
- Big Friend I / II Damage Reduction: 10/18% ⇒ 9/15%
- Binary Airdrop Components Granted: 2 ⇒ 1
- Blue Battery I REWORKED: Gold Augment that grants 10 Mana each cast and 8 Ability Power
- Built Different I Attack Speed: 30/45/60/75% ⇒ 25/35/45/55%
- Built Different II Health: 250/300/350/400 ⇒ 250/275/300/350
- Built Different II Attack Speed: 40/55/70/85% ⇒ 40/50/60/70%
- Built Different III Health: 300/375/450/525 ⇒ 300/350/400/450
- Built Different III Attack Speed: 50/65/80/95% ⇒ 50/60/70/80%
- Celestial Blessing Omnivamp: 12/20/35% ⇒ 10/15/25%
- Celestial Blessing Overheal Shield: 300/450/600 ⇒ 200/300/400
- Cybernetic Implants I/II/III Health: 100/150/250 ⇒ 80/120/180
- Cybernetic Implants I/II/III Attack Damage: Changed from flat to 10/20/30% Attack Damage
- Cybernetic Shell Health: 100/150/250 ⇒ 80/120/180
- Cybernetic Uplink Health: 100/150/250 ⇒ 80/120/180
- Cybernetic Uplink Mana Per Second: 2/3/4 ⇒ 2/2.5/3
- Electrocharge I Damage: 50/70/90/110 ⇒ 40/60/80/100
- Electrocharge II Damage: 85/105/125/145 ⇒ 70/90/110/130
- Featherweights I/II/III Attack Speed: 25/35/60% ⇒ 20/30/50%
- High Roller Bonus Gold: 10 ⇒ 6
- Lategame Specialist Gold: 45 ⇒ 40
- Last Stand Health: 200 ⇒ 180
- Last Stand Armor, Magic Resist, and Omnivamp: 20 ⇒ 18
- Lucky Gloves Sparring Gloves given: 3 ⇒ 2
- Rich get Richer Gold: 10 ⇒ 12
- Rich get Richer+ Gold: 18 ⇒ 20
- Scoped Weapon I Increased Range: 1 hex ⇒ 2 sec
- Scoped Weapon I Bonus Attack speed: 15% ⇒ 10%
- Thrill of the Hunt Healing: 400/700 ⇒ 300/550
- Trade Sector+ Gold: 8 ⇒ 12
- NEW AUGMENT Threat Level Maximum Health per Threat: 75
- Triforce I / II / III Health:133/233/333 ⇒ 75/125/200
- Triforce I / II / III Mana: 13/23/33 ⇒ 10/15/25
- Triforce I / II / III Attack Speed: 13/23/33 ⇒ 10/15/25
- Verdant Veil Bonus Attack Speed: 5% ⇒ 15%
LARGE CHANGES - ITEMS: COMPONENTS
- B.F. Sword: +10 AD ⇒ +10% Base AD
- Sparring Gloves: 5% Critical Strike Chance ⇒ 20% Critical Strike Chance
- Sparring Gloves: 5% Dodge Chance ⇒ Removed
LARGE CHANGES - ITEMS: COMPLETED
- REPLACED: Guardbreaker has replaced Banshee’s Claw
- NEW: Guardbreaker builds from Sparring Gloves + Giant’s Belt
- Guardbreaker grants 20% bonus Attack Damage and 20 bonus Ability Power. After attacking a shielded enemy, Abilities and attacks deal 30% more damage for 3 seconds.
- Archangel’s Staff Bonus Ability Power: 20 ⇒ 10
- Bloodthirster Omnivamp: 25% ⇒ 20%
- Blue Buff REWORKED: Grant 10 bonus starting Mana and 15 Ability Power. Reduce the holder’s maximum Mana by 10. If the holder gets at least 1 takedown within 3 seconds of casting, gain 10 Mana.
- Bramble Vest Bonus Armor granted: 45 ⇒ 30 (70 Total)
- Chalice of Power Ability Power Granted: 30 ⇒ 25
- Deathblade grants 25/45/65 Attack Damage ⇒ Grants +40% Base Attack Damage (+60% Total)
- Dragon’s Claw grants 80 Magic Resistance ⇒ Grants 30 Magic Resistance (70 Total)
- Dragon’s Claw max Health Regen: 1.2% per target attacking wearer ⇒ 5% every 2 seconds regardless of attackers
- Edge of Night Attack Speed Granted on Proc: 40% ⇒ 15%
- Gargoyle Stoneplate Armor & MR per target: 16 ⇒ 15
- Giant Slayer REWORKED: Grants bonus 20% base Attack Damage (30% total) and 20 Ability Power. If the target has more than 1600 max Health, deal 30% more damage with abilities and attacks.
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade Attack Speed per auto: 6% ⇒ 5%
- Hand of Justice grants 15 Attack Damage & Ability Power ⇒ Grants 15% Base AD & AP
- Hand of Justice Omnivamp: 15% ⇒ 10%
- Hextech Gunblade Omnivamp: 25% ⇒ 20%
- Infinity Edge REWORKED: Your abilities can now crit. Gain 15% Base Attack Damage and Crit Chance (25% AD and 35% Crit total)
- Infinity Edge is no longer Unique
- Jeweled Gauntlet REWORKED: Your abilities can now crit. Gain 15 Ability Power and Crit Chance (25 AP and 35% Crit Total)
- Last Whisper Grants 10% Attack Speed ⇒ Grants 10% Base Attack Damage
- Morellonomicon bonus Ability Power Grants: 20 ⇒ 10 (20 Total)
- Quicksilver grants 15% Dodge ⇒ Grants 20% Crit Chance (This is from the Sparring Glove)
- Quicksilver Bonus Attack Speed: 20% ⇒ 30%
- Protector’s Vow REWORKED: Grants 15 bonus starting Mana (30 total). Once per combat: At 40% Health, gain a 25% max HP shield that lasts up to 5 seconds and grants 35 Armor & Magic Resist for the rest of combat.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap bonus Ability Power Granted: 60 ⇒ 50 (70 Total)
- Ruunan’s Hurricane grants 20 Attack Damage ⇒ Grants 20% Base Attack Damage
- Ruunan’s Hurricane bolt Attack Damage ratio: 70% ⇒ 50%
- Shroud of Stillness grants 15% Dodge ⇒ grants 20% Crit Chance (This is from the Sparring Glove)
- Shroud of Stillness now additionally grants 250 HP
- Spear of Shojin grants 15 Ability Power
- Spear of Shojin REWORKED: Every 3 attacks grants 20 Mana
- Statikk Shiv grants 10% Attack Speed ⇒ Grants 15 Ability Power
- Statikk Shiv Shock Damage: 50 ⇒ 30
- Thieve’s Gloves grants 10% Crit & 10% Dodge ⇒ Grants 40% Crit Chance (This is from the Sparring Glove)
- Titan’s Resolve Grants 2 Attack Damage & 2 Ability Power per stack ⇒ Grants 2% Base Attack Damage & 2 Ability Power per stack
- Zeke’s Herald Attack Speed Granted: 30% ⇒ 20%
- Zephyr now additionally grants 15% Attack Speed
LARGE CHANGES - ITEMS: RADIANT AND FORGE (ORNN)
- Statikk Favor (Radiant) grants 30% Attack Speed ⇒ 40 Abilty Power
- Shroud of Reverence (Radiant) now grants +250 Health
- Shroud of Reverence (Radiant) Dodge 15% ⇒ Crit 20%
- Mistral (Radiant) now grants +20% AS
- Dragon’s Will (Radiant) Regen: 8% maximum Health every 1.5 seconds
- Death’s Defiance (Forge) Omnivamp: 25% ⇒ 20%
- Anima Visage (Forge) max Health Regen: 5% per sec ⇒ 4% per sec
- Eternal Winter (Forge) Slow Duration: 2 ⇒ 1.5 sec
- Eternal Winter (Forge) Freeze Duration: 2 ⇒ 1.5 sec
- Obsidian Cleaver (Forge) Armor/Magic Resistance Sunder/Shred: 60% ⇒ 50%
- The Collector (Forge) execute threshold: 10% ⇒ 12%
DOUBLE UP - GIFT ARMORIES
- The Assist Armory’s in Double Up have been changed into Gift Armories!
- First one appears on Stage 3-5 and 3-6
- Second one appears on Stage 5-2 and 5-3
- Gift Armories have much more varied loot options to give to your partner!
- There are always 3 options.
- Two of the options will cost gold, while one will always be free.
- Gifts that cost gold are more varied and exciting!
- There are different gift options in the early and late game armories.
- Like the Assist Armory you can only pick one option to send to your partner
- You can sell units during the Gift Armory in case you want more gold to afford a nicer gift!
- There are multiple types of Gift Armories, chosen randomly each game.
- Different types of Gift Armories will have varying costs of offerings. The most expensive gifts being a random Radiant Item and a Tactician’s Crown!
- All players will see the same type of Gift Armory option, although not the exact same offerings.